Saturday, November 17, 2012

Modge-podge Canvas & Chicken Silouhette

Well.. this is the big week. 
My restaurant is finally opening... !  The next few days will be full of decorating, getting all the details perfect and getting my staff all ready to go.

Our concept is breakfast -- breakfast means eggs, and eggs mean chicken.  Several chicken.  And some more "country kitchen" decor. 

Not really my personal style, but, I'm trying to make the best of it -- here's my attempt at adding one more piece to the puzzle. We'll see if it actually makes it up on the wall or a shelf somewhere.


I started out with a canvas, and just modge-podged some scrapbook paper on. I ripped a couple pieces and blended them just to give it some depth.



Made a stencil of a chicken, traced it on and threw on the black.







I just ripped the pieces and put it over the background.



Tried to rough it up a bit -- 



And voila... !





Here are a few more of the pieces I hope to incorporate!
To be honest, I either thrifted most of them or snagged them from grandma's garage sale...
Shh.. its a secret.

Updates to come of how they look on the shelves!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...