Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wallpaper Nightstand Re-do

Wallpaper is so from the 90's!!  

Not anymore people. It is totally in.  
And now there's some in my side table. OOh ya.


My materials:

1. Wall-paper sample
2. White paint & Primer
3. Tub of water
4. Hard plastic flat surface to smooth wallpaper
5. Exacto-knife
6. Ruler

Originally, this table was black, and it took about 2 coats of primer and 2 more of paint to get it white. I don't have any before pictures, but that's ok, you're not missing out on anything.  

The knobs were on sale at Homesense -- I don't like them 100% with the nightstand but it'll do for now.

I stopped by at Handy-Dandy Home Depot and actually just asked for a sample of one of the types of wall paper. Turns out it was enough to cover the entire inside.  Win.

I put the wallpaper on just like you would on the wall -- I soaked the wall paper in a tub of water, then pasted it where I wanted it on each side.  I used a flat card (kind of like a credit card) to smooth out the bubbles, then used an exacto-knife and a ruler to cut the excess off in a straight edge .

I'd highly recommend also covering the painted surface with a clear coat finish -- it helps a lot to keep it from scratching.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...