Some times you just need to spice life up a bit.
I bought these chairs at a garage sale a little while ago! I got a great deal.. but they just needed a little somethin' somethin'.
This is the fabric I got from Ikea a while ago. I was originally going to make pillows. Then I realized I already had 10 too many. A little bit addicted...? So... I thought I would try strappin' it on to my 'soon to be' lovely chairs.
So I flipped 'er over and unscrewed the seat from the chair.
Measured out just the right amount of material so there was about 1-2" once I pulled it over the chair.
My handy dandy staple gun did the trick here. I had to pull super tight when stapling the opposite sides. No bumps wanted.
The corners are the tricky part. I tried a couple different ways- I found it most successful when I looked at the front of the seat and just folded it with my hands behind there - then stapled it as soon as I got it good. I found it easy to fold over one piece at a time - like shown above.
This is an example of a not so good corner.
I did better on this one. :)
I had to find the holes for the screws through the material -- that was a little bit tough at the beginning but it became easy as I did it more.
And here they are. I was just a tad bit proud of these guys. They were way easier than I though and literally only took me 1 1/2 hrs for four of them.
Might be doing a little more of this in the future....!