Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Urban Thrifting


thrift stores calgary



I've been in Calgary for the last couple weeks and have been trying to explore as much of the city as I can!! 

And since I'm a Thrifting addict... you should know that those stores are going to be part of the equation. 

I found THE cutest thrift shop called Urban Thrift.  Seriously, this find was the biggest thrill of my day. You can see some pictures to the left that shows how great of job they do at displaying their merchandise.

The coolest thing about this business is that they get everything donated to them -- but also support a whole classroom for the non-profit Haiti Arise and also support entrepreneurs with Kiva.

Their blog on their website makes it more personal -- it gives some demos of how to refashion some old clothing as well as the tricks for second-hand shopping. 

Overall I was totally wow-ed. Saskatoon needs to up their game! 
In the mean-time, stop in when you are passing through Calgary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...